Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Trip to the Midwest

At the beginning of November Michael had to go to Chicago for a week for work. 
I thought it would be fun to make a trip out of it since we have family in the Midwest.
John and I flew out to Detroit and spent a couple days with my brother Nate and his family. 
We ate at the first Coney Island restaurant in downtown Detroit and also saw the sports stadiums and 
the temple. It was fun to finally get to see their home and spend time with their family. After a 
couple days there John and I went over to Kalamazoo where Mike's parents live. We were there for a 
couple days before Mike came over from Chicago to join us for the weekend. We had a great time going 
to the air museum, the outlets, and seeing his brothers schools. It was so fun to spend some time
with family we don't get to see very often. It was also my first time out to the Midwest. I even got 
a little taste of the tornado warnings and storms :) 


Eating our Coney's at the American Coney Island


John and I's welcome from Dallin and Isaac 


Stopped at some sand dunes on our way back to Kalamazoo from picking Michael up.


At the air museum


Uncle Nathan and John


Deborah, John, and I



We had a great time and we hope to be able to go back sometime this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment